Waterloo & City Line Overview
The Waterloo & City Line is the shortest of the London Underground network. It connects the stations of Bank and Waterloo on each sides of the river Thames. Inaugurated in 1898, the line was built to allow passengers arriving in Waterloo railway station to reach the City of London. The Waterloo and City Line serves only 2 stations, it is the least used line of the network with around 15,000,000 passengers every year. It has a length of 1.5 miles. The Waterloo & City Line is the Turquoise Line on the Tube map. You can find below the map of the Waterloo & City line.
Waterloo & City Line map
London Waterloo & City Line Service Status
Tourist attractions on the Waterloo and City Line
- The London Eye, one of the most important touristic symbol of the English capital city, is located at walking distance from Waterloo Underground station.
Waterloo & City Line stations
- Bank station is linked to Monument Underground station, which form together the busiest complex of the network. It was rated as the most disliked station of the London Underground network. Travelcard Zone 1.
- Waterloo tube station is the closest station to the London Eye. Travelcard Zone 1.
The Waterloo & City Line serves different important transportation sites
- London Waterloo railway station is connected to Waterloo Underground station. You can take there a train to the southwest of the country, Portsmouth and Reading in particular.
The Waterloo and City Line is connected to the following London Underground lines
- Central Line and Northern Tube Line at Westminster.
- Bakerloo Tube Line, Jubilee Tube Line and Northern Line at Waterloo.
Waterloo & City Line Timetable
The Waterloo and City line runs from Monday to Saturday only
The first service leaves Bank Underground station at 6:21 from Monday to Friday, and at 8:02 on Saturdays, and Waterloo Underground station at 6:15 from Monday to Friday, and at 8:00 on Saturdays.
The last service leaves Bank Underground station at 00:26 from Monday to Saturday, and Waterloo Underground station at 00:20 from Monday to Saturday.
You can find the full Waterloo & City line timetable on the TFL website.